Can I custom paint an ENVE frame without voiding ENVE’s Factory Limited Warranty?
- Yes, while your warranty remains intact for the carbon structure itself, your ENVE Factory Paint Warranty will be void. If you choose to have your ENVE frame custom painted, discuss your painter’s guarantee before proceeding with custom paint. Also, it is recommended to check and ensure all frame tolerances are aligned and components fit prior to any custom paint work. ENVE will NOT be held responsible for expenses related to custom paint should your bike need to be replaced under warranty.
Does ENVE offer ready to paint (RTP) frames?
- No, ENVE does not offer any fixed geometry frames with “RTP” primer. However, the stock factory paint may be removed and/or prepped for custom paint by a professional and experienced bicycle frame painter.
Why doesn’t ENVE offer primer only RTP frames?
- RTP products often require as much, or more paint prep time as a final factory finish and do not typically save on cost, time, or weight.
What is the warranty coverage for a custom painted fixed geometry ENVE frame?
- Modifying your paint job will void your ENVE Factory Limited Paint Warranty
- In the instance that your custom painted ENVE frame is structurally damaged while riding or otherwise, the frame must be returned to ENVE for inspection to ensure that it was not damaged during the custom paint preparation or process. If your frame is found to meet the requirements for warranty coverage, and the type of frame damage is covered under the ENVE Factory Limited Warranty, coverage will be honored.
- If frame damage is determined to be the result of work done to the frame during the custom paint process, ENVE Incidental Damage Protection coverage may be applied.
- ENVE is NOT responsible for and will not cover the cost of replacing or repairing any custom paint work regardless of the scenario. In the event your frame experiences a warranty issue unrelated to the custom paint process, you will be provided with a new frame, covered under warranty in the stock color and you will NOT be reimbursed for the cost of any custom paint or modifications you have elected to make to your original frame in the past.
If my ENVE frame is found to have a defect, and I’ve had it custom painted, will ENVE cover the cost of custom paint work on the replacement frame?
- Each ENVE frame undergoes a vigorous QC process prior to delivery to ensure it is defect free. However, if you intend to custom paint your frame, ENVE recommends that you do a thorough inspection of all frame threads, interfaces, dropouts, and routing to ensure that there are no preexisting issues prior to custom painting your frame.
Does ENVE have a list of recommended custom bike painters?
- Currently, ENVE is not recommending any specific custom paint shops. Do your homework and seek out a shop whose work meets your requirements. We’d highly recommend sticking with custom painters who have experience and expertise in painting carbon bicycle frames.