Who is the ENVE Custom Road for?
- The Custom Road is a modern road bike that can be personalized to meet the needs of any road rider's style and preferences. With both Race and All Road geometry variants to choose from, each Custom Road is customized to provide a perfect fit for the rider.
What business does ENVE have in producing a custom bicycle frame?
- Long before ENVE was founded in 2007, a handful of our engineers were developing frames for a few of the largest bike brands in the world. Long before we shipped a wheelset, we were developing custom carbon tubing and forks for small framebuilders around the world. We are carbon specialists and frame design is in our DNA.
Why is ENVE making a road bike?
- Frankly, this is something that we've wanted to do since our founding in 2007. While wheels and components will continue to be a focus of innovation and an important part of ENVE's core business, it's time to expand our expertise to adjacent product categories.
Where is the Custom Road frame made?
- The Custom Road is produced alongside our rims and wheelsets at our headquarters in Ogden, Utah, USA.
What is the ENVE Custom Road Chassis
- The Chassis is ENVE's take on "frame only," but with the Custom Road you get so much more. If you request a frame only, you'll receive the entire platform upon which to build your dream bike. The Custom Road Chassis includes the frame, fork, bar/stem combo, headset, seat mast topper, hardware, bar tape, saddle, and a Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0 TSA travel case.
What is the ENVE Custom Road Rolling Chassis?
- The Rolling Chassis, is the Custom Road Chassis with the addition of and SES or Foundation wheelset and SES Tires.
How aerodynamic is the ENVE Custom Road?
- Aerodynamics are part of ENVE's road product DNA. The Custom Road was developed using CFD, and the wind tunnel to be as aerodynamically efficient as possible while balancing other performance metrics such as weight, and handling characteristics.
Why did ENVE choose to do a seatmast vs. seatpost?
- When it comes to carbon, employing the use of long uninterrupted fibers results in a lighter weight, more efficient product. The seatmast was chosen primarily for weight savings and a more comfortable ride quality. In addition, when a bike is designed for a specific rider and fit profile a wide range of adjustability becomes a moot point. In addition, each Custom Road includes a Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0 TSA travel case which permits the saddle to remain in place.
Will ENVE be making other frames as well?
- ENVE has opened a new chapter in its history and the Custom Road is not intended to be a one-hit wonder. Stay tuned...
How does the Custom Road ride?
- Our goal with the Custom Road was to deliver the best ride experience on the market. The Custom Road strikes a refined balance of weight savings, stiffness, comfort, stability, and aerodynamic performance. Pair the refined construction with a geometry and fit customized for you, and we are confident there's not a better riding bike on the market.
What carbon and materials are used in the Custom Road?
- In order to achieve the refined performance objectives of the Custom Road, a wide range of composite materials are employed to achieve these goals. These materials range from unidirectional to woven and spread tow fibers.
How long have people been riding the Custom Road?
- The Custom Road in various prototype forms has been on the road accumulating miles since 2019. Test riders have