What is the Race geometry?
- The Race geometry caters to riders who prefer responsive handling, climbing out of the saddle, and short wheelbases. The Race's handling and geometry are optimized for tire sizes between 25mm and 31mm.
What is the All Road geometry?
- The All Road geometry caters to riders who place a high value on stability, long miles, and ride mixed surfaces. The All Road's handling and geometry are optimized for tire sizes between 29mm and 35mm.
What aspects of the Custom Road may be customized?
- Our entire process and what makes the Custom Road project unique is our ability to customize each chassis and complete bicycle to the rider's preferences. What this means in practice is that you can choose/define your fit geometry, wheels, components, graphics, and colors within the templates and colors we offer. If you need or want to customize paint and design outside our predefined templates or color options, this may be done for an additional fee.
How do you establish my geometry and fit?
- There are multiple options that when combined will lead us to a geometry that we are confident will produce the fit and feel you are looking for. First, we consider your current bike and likes/dislikes in terms of fit and function. Second, if you've had a professional bike fit, we will consult these numbers and discuss your likes/dislikes from this fit. Third, your ride style and goals. Finally, we pull all this information together and run it through our fit calculator that will recommend your best geometry match. Before a frame goes to production, the rider must sign-off on the final geometry.
Is a professional bike fit required?
- However, because we can't measure each and every rider in person, receiving a professional bike fit will greatly streamline the path to defining your ideal geometry. To schedule a professional bike fit at one of our premier Ride Centers. Click here
Do you have stock geometry options?
- Each and every Custom Road is made to order.
How is the ENVE SES AR handlebar sized?
- The SES AR handlebar features an aerodynamic design with a compact geometry and drops that subtly flare for maximum descending, mixed surface confidence and stability. The handlebar is sized by measuring center to center at the hoods. If you ride an ENVE Compact handlebar in a size 42cm, you should choose a size 42cm SES AR handlebar.
How much adjustability exists with the Custom Road's Seat Mast Topper?
- The seat mast topper has 35mm of adjustable range. Seat masts will be cut at the top of the rider's saddle height range. This will ensure that the mast is never too short, while also providing opportunity for fine-tuning of the saddle height or making future adjustments should your fit needs change.
Can I have my bike configured with headset spacers?
- Yes, we make headset spacers for the Custom Road. This is a topic that will be discussed in your geometry consultation.
What can I do if my bike doesn't fit?
- Please contact the ENVE Bike Specialist to discuss options. Per the Terms and Conditions, all sales are final. For this reason it is very important to thoroughly review your fit and geometry numbers before signing off on them. If you are unsure, please contact your local bike fitter to ensure we're building you a bike that is going to fit.
I need a bike fit. Where should I go to get one?
- Pick a fitter the same way you pick your doctor, plumber and lawyer. Referral is best. Find people that have had positive fit experiences with local experts. Interview and ask appropriate questions related to the process and your personal preferences. Retul, Body Geometry and other standardized fit methods are also easy ways to find a trained professional. Ask them how many fits they do a month, year, or over the course of their career. Ask for a references. Go to an ENVE RIDE CENTER that is participating in the CUSTOM ROAD launch. A list will be provided on the Dealer Locator