- What type of carbon is the Melee built with?
- ENVE uses Material Optimized Design or M.O.D. carbon in our construction. Unidirectional pre-preg carbon is strategically laid to perform a specific outcome to deliver performance where it matters most.
- What parts can be upgraded on the Melee from how it is stock equipped? –
- The Melee is purchased as a Chassis which includes frame, fork, headset, handlebar, stem, and seatpost. Headset bearings can be upgraded. The seatpost is proprietary, but the handlebar and stem in theory can be swapped to something other than ENVE. However, the ability to internally route the front-end cannot be guaranteed when using aftermarket parts.
- What parts on the frame are proprietary?
- The Melee requires the use of the ENVE Aero Seatpost.
- For guaranteed internal front-end routing, the ENVE/Melee headset top bearing cover, ENVE Integrated Aero Stem, and a compatible ENVE handlebar must be used.
- Is there a Ready to Paint option?
- There is not an RTP option currently. However, custom decal kits are available to personalize your frame graphics.
- What is the torque spec on the frame's seatpost wedge bolt?
- It is listed on the wedge bolt and it is 8nm.
- What is the maximum saddle height I can run with your aero seatpost?
The min Insert on both of the 275mm and 350mm seat post is 75mm from the bottom and is listed on the seat post. So on the 350mm post there is 275mm of usable post outside of the frame and on the 275mm post there is you'd have 200mm.
- Can you upgrade the headset bearing directly from ENVE?
- No upgrade options are available from ENVE directly. The Melee comes equipped with an ENVE Integrated IS 52/IS 52 internal Drop in – 1.5” IS 52 upper and lower bearing
How many spacers come with the chassis and what will fit under the stem and the top cap.
Headset Spacers are included in box with our integrated aero stem: 2x 10mm and 2x 5mm come in the stem box.
The frame allows 40mm of spacers between the bottom of the stem and the top of the bearing cover.
- Can I ship you my own parts in for install at ENVE?
- Currently we are not offering a complete bike build from ENVE. ENVE Ride Centers and select premium dealers will have Melee Chassis available in store and will facilitate a drivetrain transfers from your existing bike or a complete build with your drivetrain of choice.
- What is the return policy?
- All Melee frames are purchased through authorized ENVE dealers. Dealer return policy is defined by the retail partner.
- Does the Melee have a rider weight limit?
- Rider weight limit is 300 lbs.
- I've crashed or damaged my frame, what do I do?
- Please see the ENVE Incidental Protection Policy
- What is the largest tire I can fit in the front and rear of the Melee?
- The Melee has tire clearance for most 35 mm labeled tires - Melee Spec Sheet
- Does the melee it come with a drive side chain stay protector for the frame?
- Yes - SKU:100-5003-904 - Service Frame Protection Sticker Kit A - Melee Small Parts Support
- Will that chain stay protector be available for purchase after that?
- What type of Bottom Bracket does this frame require?
- T47 Inboard Bearing – BB width is 85.5 mm
- Is the bike shipped with a BB?
- No. Bottom Bracket is not included and is specific to crank brand.
- What types of bottom brackets work on the Melee?
- Any T47 Inboard Bearing bottom bracket
- What types of bottom brackets do you recommend?
- RECOMMENDED BOTTOM BRACKETS
SRAM DUB - T47-BB-29MM
Shimano - T47-BB-SHIM-AC
M30 Thru - 47-8101
Shimano - 47-3800
Shimano - Threadfit™ T47 24i
30MM - Threadfit™ T47 30i
Shimano - T47-SH-RD-BLK-ASMCT
SRAM DUB - T47I-DUB-RD-BLK-ASMCT
Shimano - T47-i24
SRAM DUB - T47-iDUB
SRAM DUB - SKU 106796
Shimano - SKU 105148
- RECOMMENDED BOTTOM BRACKETS
- What frame size should I purchase?
- If you do not know your fit stack and fit reach, we recommend that you procure a professional bike fit to help ensure you will be fit properly on your Melee.
- If you know your fit numbers, the ENVE Best-Fit Calculator is available to guide you in finding your ideal frame size, stem length, spacer stack, and seatpost offset.
- Is the stem interchangeable?
- The Melee is designed to seamlessly integrate with the ENVE Integrated Aero Stem. You may run another stem, but you will lose the aesthetics and internal routing capabilities.
- Is the Bar interchangeable?
- Currently ENVE is only offering the Melee with the SES AR Handlebar.
- Customers who wish to run another handlebar may do so. In order to ensure front-end integration, the replacement handlebar must have a port in the EXACT position of the ENVE SES AR bar in order to properly level and position your new handlebar. The access hole must be center from left to right of the bar and below the horizontal centerline of the bar when the hoods are level.
- Is the bar and stem one piece like the Custom Road?
- ENVE handlebars and the Integrated Aero Stem are designed to work as a system, but they are sold separately, and each component can in some cases be paired with non-ENVE branded components. We do not guarantee compatibility of non-ENVE components with ENVE frames.
- How would you categorize the ride characteristic of the Melee? What is it similar to?
- The Melee is a race bike. It features dynamic and responsive handling. This is NOT an endurance or AR bike. While the handling is dynamic the ride feel is smooth without compromising on power transmission. This is a RACE bike.
- What is your warranty policy on 3rd party brand equipment on my Melee? I.e. warranty for Sram or Shimano parts.
- ENVE does not offer a warranty on non-ENVE branded drivetrains or components. See original manufacturer for warranty support per our warranty policy.
- Are the decals covered by the warranty?
- No, warranty and incidental damage covers damage or defects to the frame itself. Decals or stickers are considered cosmetic and are not covered.
- Where do I buy decals?
- How will the Melee be shipped?
- Frame/Chassis Box – this will include the Frame, Fork, finishing kit, head set, torque wrench, small parts, and support card. The bar, stem, and seatpost will be shipped in individual packaging. If you purchased wheels, saddle, bar tape, tires, computer mount or any additional items they will ship in their own packaging.
- Does the Melee ship in a Scicon bag like the Custom Road?
- No, but the The Scicon Aerocomfort TSA 3.0 travel bag with ENVE branding is available for purchase aftermarket from your local ENVE dealer.
- How would you categorize the Melee Geometry compared to the ENVE Custom Road?
- The Melee features a dedicated “Race” geometry that closely mirrors that of the Custom Road’s “Race” geometry.
- How is the Melee delivered from ENVE and how can I buy it? Is it: Chassis only? Rolling Chassis? Or Complete Bike?
- Chassis only – Ships from ENVE directly to your local authorized ENVE dealer.
- Rolling Chassis – Available for purchase local authorized ENVE dealer.
- Complete Bike – Available for purchase local authorized ENVE dealer.
- ENVE will not be selling complete bikes to dealers at this time
- ENVE will not be offering Melee direct to consumer at this time
- Is a saddle included?
- No, however if you would like to purchase a co-branded ENVE x Selle Italia SLR Boost Saddle, these are available from your local ENVE Melee dealer.
- Is the frame tube to tube or monocoque? What is the construction of the frame?
- The frame is a monocoque construction
- Will the ENVE Gravel Dropper seatpost fit the Melee?
- No. The Melee uses a proprietary D shaped aero seatpost.
- What headset comes with the bike?
- ENVE Integrated IS 52/IS 52 internal Drop in – 1.5” IS 52 upper and lower Bearing
- Why should I buy an ENVE Melee over another similar competitor?
- ENVE is new to the frame game, but we’re not new to composites and aerodynamic design. After more than a decade developing rim shapes in the fastest frames on the planet, we’ve learned a thing or two about what makes a bike fast. As a wheels first brand, we have the unique opportunity to design a frame from the wheels up, not the frame down. The result is a complete bicycle and wheel system that achieves holistic real-world performance that those who don’t have wheel experience are more greatly challenge to achieve.
- Who makes the headset?
- Token makes our headset.
- What countries will this be available at launch?
- USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Czech Republic, Poland.
- What is the brake setup for the fork? (Flat mount, post mount?)
- Flat Mount disc brake
- Are there fender mounts?
- Is there an owners manual?
- No there will be no official Melee Owner's manual at this time. However, please scan the QR code on the hang tag that come with the bike. This will bring you to our support site for all pertinent information including warranty information, product registration instructions, and assembly instructions.
- Where can I find torque specs?
- Torque specs on all components can be found on those specific components.
- Where can I find bolt sizes or small parts?
- How big of a chainring in general can you run?
- For a road double crank we’ve tested up to 55T big ring and 42T small ring.
- For 1x cranks: The Melee is compatible with ALL 1x chainrings using a chainline of 44mm or greater. The largest we have tested at this 44mm chainline is a ROUND 54T and and an ELLIPTICAL 52T. This 44mm chainline is the standard chainline that most crank manufacturers use for their 1x cranks but please consult with your crank brand if concerned with their standard on chainline measurement of their crank.
- Note chain ring position on the crank and Q factor can affect this so use the above as a guide as you determine 1x chainring size.
Is the stem available as an aftermarket product?
No. The stem is a proprietary stem that is specific for the Melee.
- What is the drop on the Melee stem?
- (-7 degree stem)
- What is the BB shell width?
- 85.5mm is the bb shell width. The Melee Frame uses a standard INBOARD T47 Bottom Bracket. In terms of crank compatibility, we defer to the bottom bracket manufacturer to state which cranks work with their T47 BB. Spacers for bottom brackets or cranks needed for installation should all be included with bottom brackets or cranksets.
- What is the axle to crown measurement for the 5 rakes offered in the different size Melee frames?
- 39mm Rake - 373.4mm A-C
- 43mm Rake - 372.4mm A-C
- 47mm Rake - 371.5mm A-C
- 51mm Rake - 370.5mm A-C
- 55mm Rake - 370.2mm A-C
- What are the max rotor sizes?
- Fork is 160mm only.
- The rear is 140mm or 160mm.
- Does the frame come with rear caliper bolts similar to how the fork comes with caliper bolts?
- The fork brake bolts are a specific length for our fork based on the thickness of the fork legs, so the bolts come with the fork.
- For the rear brake, you'll use the caliper bolts supplied with your brake caliper, as the distance through the frame to caliper is a distance that works fine with standard brake caliper bolts.
- What are the Thru axle sizes and part numbers if I need a replacement?
- Please see: Melee Small Parts Support for those items.
- Does the fork use a crown race? The front end routing shows a crown race.
- It does no require a metal crown race to be added. The Melee’s fork features a molded in crown race that is compatible with most drop-in IS52 bearings.